Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bye Bye BRK

It was with great sadness that I read Bid Red Kitty's announcement that he is leaving the World of Warcraft. It is wonderful for his family, but sad for those of us who have come to rely on his wit and wisdom. Even my kids loved his hunter guide movies. Noob or raider, there was something for everyone at BigRedKitty.net.

As sad as it to lose yet another top notch player who is willing to share his/her knowledge with the rest of us, it is sadder still to think that a really great writer/blogger is giving up the medium. I sincerely hope and pray that Big Red Kitty as Daniel Howell will find another outlet for his wonderful writing. Both my parents are writers. My mom's book Women of the West, is still in print and is a recognized classic in its field. My husband has a wall full of journalism awards. And I write. For years I had a monthly gardening column. I blog here and other places on various topics. And I'm hard at work on my book (it's for kids). So Daniel, if you read this, Please Please keep writing. If not about Wow, then about something. Your military stories are wonderful and deserve their own book.

No comments: