Thursday, November 13, 2008

North, Miss Tessmocker...

Last night I was feeling crappy — sore throat coming on, aches and chills. So I went to bed early. Then I was wide awake at about 20 minutes to 12...midnight. Oh No. What should I do?

Well, this mom quietly got dressed so as not to wake the sleeping husband and kids, and slipped out of the house and into the car. Thirty minutes later I was back, sipping hot tea, and upgrading one of our accounts to Wrath of the Lich King.

WooHoo. Then I stayed up all night playing. I love, love, love it. I started Theothana in Howling Fjord because she could pick up skinning and leatherworking there. I think she was pretty close to getting a server first in skinning. And she got invited to run Utgarde Keep. Very nice. Not much loot in there if you have stuff from Kara and so on.

The place is beautiful.

And not too crowded.

The only issues came when a bunch of folks were all waiting around for the same NPC to spawn. But we formed groups so it wasn't too bad.

People came in waves as midnight hit each time zone. Kilrogg is a west coast server and I'm on the east coast. So it was really uncrowded at first. Although I guess people could all start playing at the same time (12 a.m. e.s.t), stores on the west coast weren't going to sell the game until midnight. Or at least most of them weren't.

Anyway, mom had fun, but I'm a little beat now. I'm going to need some time to recover before I plunge back in. But it is just lovely.

No comments: