Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Alliance or Horde?

I’ve played a lot of “toons”, or “alts”, or what the boys call “Characters”. Most of them don’t get out of the starting areas. But a few do. Both Horde and Alliance.

For the Horde, I’ve probably taken at least twenty characters into the Barrens, two into the Ghostlands, and one undead warlock up to twenty just in Silverpine. She’s been sitting in the Undercity for at least six months now, waiting to move on into Hillsbrand.

For the Alliance, I’ve played a Human rogue into Westfall and a Human warlock up to 20. She’s been everywhere from Loch Moden to the Wetlands. I’m trying to figure out how to get her to the Barrens for her warlock quest. Do I run from Westfall through Duskwood and Stranglethorn to Booty Bay and take the boat to Rachet, or do I fly into Menethil and try that way? I know exactly where the guy is, too. I've run by him while doing quests in the Southern Barrens dozens of time. Heading south on the Southern Gold road, at the turn for Camp T, there is a ruined building on your left. Usually with some big old Thunderlizards wandering arounding. Turn off the road there heading east and a bit north. In the distance is a small clump of trees with a couple of tents. There he is. Now if I can only get to him.

Once, I got a Night Elf up to level 10 and then ran her all the way from Darnassus to Darkshore, Ashenvale, The Barrens to Rachet and on to Booty Bay. Only died once. I don’t even remember her name or class, though.

And I’ve got literally dozens of lowbies scattered through all the starting zones except Azuremyst. For some reason, the boys have no interest in the Draenei.

So for starting off, which is the easiest? Well, the real starting areas are all pretty easy. I do like Mulgore the best, and then Durotar. The Barrens is great for questing and grinding. There is always the chance for the recipe for Savory Deviate Delight to drop. And the Sentry Cloak has dropped twice for me there, too.

That said, I have real been enjoying Dun Morogh and Loch Moden.

No comments: